In Uncategorized by AndrewLeave a Comment

I woke up in a really good mood today which is quite the accomplishment in itself because I was woken up in the middle of the night by a text message arriving on my cell phone (that I quite inconveniently left powered on). But I woke up very rested and feeling good. We had some French toast and bacon for breakfast and then took off for the internet café so I could post the previous post, do some checking up on emails, and book a short flight from Dublin to Edinburgh….it seems that Jenn won’t be able to get the extra time off work to go to Scotland with us, so we’ll just fly there and maybe rent a car. Right now, all we know is that we’ll arrive in Edinburgh this Wednesday at around 4:30pm….but the rest is up in the air. I think we’ll look online tomorrow for some B&B’s to stay in….maybe some cheap hotels…we’ll see. We were also thinking of renting a car for a few days as well to get around…but that’s up in the air as well…it all depends on how much it costs. My friend Claire from highschool lives 30 minutes from Edinburgh, so hopefully we’ll be able to meet up with her and hang out for a while. I’m actually a bit worried about the whole thing because of the lack of organization and planning for this particular section of our journey….it’s just the way I am though…I get nervous about those kinds of things. And I didn’t really look into anything when I was in Canada, so I guess it’s my own fault.

Anyways, after we went to the internet café we went to a Chinese Garden and Stud Farm…I know it’s a weird combination but there you go. The garden was very nice and I’ve got a few pictures below from when we were there. The first one is just a picture of me that I thought was cool, the second is a picture of me running to try and get into the picture after hitting the timer on the camera, and the third is a picture of all of us in a rock igloo kinda thing…you can see a woman who walked into the picture and then realized we were taking a picture on a timer and quickly jumped back out of the picture.

After the gardens we went and got a Starbucks coffee and headed to the airport to pick up Brian….his plane arrived on time and we didn’t thanks to a bit of a traffic jam…but we picked him up and headed back to Naas (where Jenn lives) so that Brian could have a shower and we could make some supper. After we got the roast in the oven we took off to a traditional Catholic Irish mass (which was only 30 min long) and then came back to have some supper (and some Guinness for me).